Accredited Practising Dietitian & Nutritionist, Sports Dietitian, Level 1 Anthropometrist
B.Sc. (Nutrition & Food), MSc. (Nutrition & Dietetics), Sports nutrition course
Sports Dietitians Australia
Dietitians Association of Australia
Georgia is an Accredited Practising Dietitian who brings with her over 5 years of extensive dietetic and nutrition experience. She has a strong passion for dietetics and prides herself on providing an individualised and practical approach in her recommendations.
Her experience in the nutrition and dietetics has spanned over several areas including private practice, corporate nutrition and in the food industry. She has worked with paediatric nutrition, , women’s health, as a food quality and safety officer for a leading national supermarket chain, all before graduating as a dietitian. Since then she has also worked with sports nutrition, patient support for pharmaceutical weight loss programs and consistently in private practice.
Georgia has been employed as a dietitian in private practice since attaining her APD qualification and works closely with the individual in order to attain positive health outcomes. She has worked with a variety of complex and simple conditions – inclusive of:
- Adverse food reactions (allergy, intolerance, coeliac, sensitivities and IBS)
- Paediatric and infant nutritional adequacy
- Sports nutrition programs for athletes and Skinfold assessments
- Disability and continence nutrition
- Women’s health (prenatal nutrition, post menopausal nutrition, PCOS)
- Chronic lifestyle diseases (DM, GDM, HT, CVD, obesity, malnutrition and weight maintenance)
- Gastrointestinal nutrition (bowel obstructions, IBD, IBS, bariatric surgery -pre and post surgical)
- Mental health (patients with depression, schizophrenia, bipolar)
Georgia has been a guest speaker for Multiple Sclerosis Australia at their continence workshop and has also completed and presented her research in childhood allergies.
Georgia has a progressive approach in helping people with various clinical conditions.
She has a passion for nutrition and is very interested in food allergies & intolerances, gastrointestinal/oesophageal conditions as well as a passion for sports nutrition.
Georgia is fluent in the Greek language, is a talented dietitian and a great cook.
- Dietary consultations – initial and review
- Sports nutrition consultations
- Anthropometric assessments
- Small group education workshops
Accredited Practising Dietitian (APN) and Nutritionist
Monica is an Accredited Practicing Dietitian with over 20 years of experience, having always been fully committed to this profession and passionate about helping people achieve optimal health and wellbeing by promoting good food choices.
During these years, she has worked overseas and in Australia, gaining extensive clinical nutrition experience (acute hospital setting and private practice) and experience in health promotion/ nutrition education in the community. Monica also dedicated 13 years to an academic career of teaching and research in nutrition and dietetics.
Monica has worked with clients of all ages and different cultural backgrounds. She provides nutritional advice on a wide range of health conditions such as:
- Weight management (e.g. obesity, underweight)
- Diabetes Mellitus (DMT1, DMT2, GDM)
- Cardiovascular disease (e.g. hyperlipidaemia, hypertension, coronary heart disease)
- Gastrointestinal disorders (e.g. IBS, IBD, diverticular disease, GORD)
- Adverse food reactions (Food allergies and intolerances)
- Women’s health-related issues (e.g. PCOS, Endometriosis, pre and post-menopause),
- Thyroid disorders (hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism)
- Bariatric surgery (pre and post-surgery nutritional management)
- Eating Disorders
Monica’s qualifications include a Bachelor degree in Nutritional Sciences and a Master’s degree in Clinical Nutrition. Monica has also received the following professional certifications:
- Monash University Low FODMAP Diet for IBS
- Clinical Dietetics for Bariatric Surgery
- Treatment of Eating Disorders for Dietitians (Inside Out Institute)
- Sports Nutrition Essentials